I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know I sure did. Rather than giving a play by play of my day, I thought I'd share some of my favorites from the whole Christmas season.
1. Favorite moment from Christmas: opening presents with the fam and watching my niece and nephew. They are just too cute for words, so I suppose that's all I'll say about that.
2. Favorite food on Christmas: the delicious steak my Dad cooked, which was accompanied by a baked potato, layered salad, and garlic bread. MMmmmm...my stomach is growling just thinking about it.
3. Dessert: It's really tough for me to choose one favorite Christmas dessert because we always have so many delicious sweets. But, I think I am going to have to go with my mom's coconut cake. It's a classic.
4. Movies: I absolutely LOVE Christmas movies--even the really cheesy ones that come on the Hallmark and ABC Family channels. My favorite, though, is White Christmas. A family favorite, however, is Christmas Vacation. It's funny every year. And in case you haven't noticed, it's also the inspiration for the titles of all my December posts.
5. Music: I am kinda picky about my Christmas music. The radio stations that play nothing but Christmas music starting the day after Halloween (it gets earlier and earlier every year!) run me nuts! All they seem to play is Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Jingle Bell Rock, and Feliz Navidad, with a few other songs thrown in the mix that are sung by screechy voices. It runs me nuts. This year my top pick has been Travis Cottrell's new CD, Ring the Bells. His voice is smooth like butta.
6. Decorations: I really love looking at Christmas lights. My Dad is an expert at putting up exterior lights and our house always looks awesome. Because our house always looks so good, we tend to criticize the lights at other houses. I know, it's awful..but some of them are REALLY bad. My mom and I were driving around looking at lights a couple weeks ago and we came to a house with a reindeer in a tree. That's right, in a tree. We about killed ourselves laughing. I'll try to get a picture before they take it down.
Christmas was special for me in a new way this year. I don't think I can describe it without sounding all cheesy and sappy, so I'm not really going to try. I have so much to be thankful for that just being together as a family to celebrate Jesus was more than enough for me.