Friday, January 23, 2009

the "easy" cancer???

When I was first diagnosed with cancer I had many people tell me that thyroid cancer is the easy cancer...if you had to get cancer, this is the kind to get. Medically speaking, maybe that is true. Some of the variants of thyroid cancer are very easy to treat. That does not make this an easy cancer. There is nothing easy about going through any of this...it's a beast I have to face every single day. So, some advice--never tell anyone that they have an easy cancer, because having cancer is never easy.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

some people should have their mouths sewn shut...ha!

Anonymous said...

I am so tired of hearing that this is an easy cancer, and if you had to get one this is the one to get. I am glad to see it wasnt just my idiotic doctors saying that crap.