Monday, January 12, 2009

before the rain there was sunshine

This is what the calm before the storm looks like:



The weekend before this whole thyroid cancer ordeal started my family and I celebrated my 24th birthday. It was so much fun and so carefree. We truly experienced a calm before a nasty storm. I am grateful for that weekend. I really think it was a gift from God, that He was reminding me of all the good things in my life so I could have something to hold onto as I go through this terribly scary time in my life. As my mom told me, it's a good thing we can't see our future because it would freak us out.

You can see the tumor on my thyroid in that last picture. It might be hard to see if you don't know what you're looking for, but it's that lumpy thing at the base of my neck. If that grosses you out, just don't look. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is strange to write about it but you are having strong healing power!!
After looking on your pictures I was able to regain some physical abilities that I thought were permanently lost after my spinal cord injury 10 years ago.