Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a word about hope

It's been awhile since my last post (Sorry, Cteve). I decided to take a little break to focus on myself (wow, that doesn't sound selfish). But, now I am back!

I read a good bit of cancer information--stories, research, etc. I am in the process of reading a book that has captured stories of various cancer patients. One of these people stated that trying to hope while fighting cancer became too exhausting, and so hope was abandoned.

Hope. Exhausted. Abandoned.

This absolutely broke my heart. Hope is not supposed to be exhausting. Hope is supposed to be comforting. If you are exhausted by hope, you are hoping in the wrong thing. Hope in Jesus is satisfying. I'm not trying to preach here, I just want you to know that if you are tired of hoping in something that leaves you unfulfilled, you can find something new and refreshing in Jesus. I'm telling you because I know. It's been almost a year since I found out I have cancer. This year has been one of the hardest in my life. But I have hope. And my hope has kept me going, not tired me out. That so many people go through life with a hope that leaves them exhausted is heartbreaking. Know that it does not have to be that way for you.

No comments: